Winter is here no doubt!, you need to be prepared for winter driving. Many people hit the mountains to ski or hike. Recent winter storms should remind you to think about two things. First, now is a good time to review your auto insurance program and second, it is time to start thinking about how driving conditions may change in the next number of months. It might be heavy rain, snow and or even fog, being prepared can help get you safely to your destination. Mid States Insurance Agency can provide you with competitive pricing on your Missouri Auto Insurance.
Call us today and let us complete a review of your auto insurance program. There are a number of ways to save money on your insurance, including:
- Safe driver discounts
- Discounts by combining home and auto policies
- Discounts for insuring more than one vehicle with the same company
- Vehicle safety equipment discounts- Anti-lock braking systems, Air bags, Automatic seat belts, Anti-theft systems
Now that we have helped you find the best combination of coverage and price, let’s prepare for winter. Winter weather changes almost daily and road conditions can create serious concerns and worries. There are some things you can do to prepare yourself for winter driving:
- Know the road conditions before you travel.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Use all-weather or studded tires.
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
- Keep an emergency kit in your trunk.
- Drive below the speed limit in hazardous conditions.
- Winterize your car with fresh antifreeze, a good battery, operating exhaust system and oil that will withstand the rigors of cold weather.
- If possible, avoid driving until the roads are safe and passable. You don't want to slide off the road, and road crews don't want to plow around disabled vehicles.