Summer is almost here, and your kids will be out of the house playing and biking all over the neighborhood. Now is an excellent time to teach them about riding their bicycles in a safe manner. Your homeowner’s policy can provide coverage for bicycle theft, and some homeowner’s policies have low coverage limits for things like sporting equipment. If you own a high-value bike, you may want to make sure it is properly covered. Remember any loss covered will be subject to your homeowner’s insurance deductible.
Bike Safety Tips
• Always have your child wear a properly fitted helmet.
• Maintain your bikes regularly to be sure they are functioning properly.
• Do not get distracted. Do not listen to music or talk on the phone while bike riding.
• Whether daytime, dawn, dusk, foul weather, or at night, you need to be seen by others. Simply wearing white does not ensure your visibility.
• Avoid riding at night.
• Go with the flow. Bike in the same direction as traffic.
• Obey all traffic laws. A bicycle is a vehicle, and you are a driver. When you ride in the street, obey all traffic signs, signals, and lane markings.
Mid States Insurance Agency has two separate and distinctive departments with separate goals:
We are a full service independent insurance agency with the ability to help with all lines of insurance from personal auto, home, umbrella, boat, motorcycle, life and health, to the business owner with complex needs. We represent many of the TOP insurance carriers and are available to listen, learn and guide you though your insurance needs. We will take a comprehensive approach to your insurance that considers the best balance of coverage and cost. We are proud to be licensed in Illinois, Kansas, and Missouri.