We are committed to providing clients with the highest quality insurance plans available combined with some of the lowest possible rates. Whether you are shopping for auto insurance, home insurance, life or business insurance, we can help you obtain the best coverage available with the lowest rate possible. Most people don’t take time to review exposures, options, or their current economic condition before making their insurance purchase. We want to help you, so we prepared these insurance buying tips for 2020.
1. Don’t buy insurance through the internet – Call our agency and let us provide outstanding service along with competitive pricing.
2. Maintain good credit - Regularly check your credit score, since a low score may impact your premium.
3. Review your auto limits – If you have limits of less than $100,000, that won't even cover the medical bills in a serious accident. The minimum liability coverage that anyone with any assets or income to protect should be carrying is $500,000 to $1 million or more.
4. Maintain a home inventory – Having an accurate account of your personal property can provide for greater recovery in the event of a loss.
5. Bundle your insurance – Combine your auto, home and umbrella policies with one insurer to receive greater discounts.
6. Set the right deductible - A higher deductible reduces your premium, but you have to pay more out of pocket in the event of an accident. If you have a good driving record and haven’t had an accident, you may want to gamble and opt for a higher premium. The reward for this risk could be up to a 40% savings.
7. Consider Identity Theft – Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the U.S.
8. Buy from a financially strong company – Your insurance is only as good as the company who stands behind the policy. The insurance company should have an “A+” rating or higher.
9. Be prepared to make adjustments as your lifestyle and needs change.
Call us today and let us help protect what is important to you.
Mid States Insurance Agency has two separate and distinctive departments with separate goals:
We are a full service independent insurance agency with the ability to help with all lines of insurance from personal auto, home, umbrella, boat, motorcycle, life and health, to the business owner with complex needs. We represent many of the TOP insurance carriers and are available to listen, learn and guide you though your insurance needs. We will take a comprehensive approach to your insurance that considers the best balance of coverage and cost. We are proud to be licensed in Illinois, Kansas, and Missouri.
We also have a second division that is focused on providing perpetuation solutions as well as back room support to existing agencies. We help an agent do what they do best, sell insurance and leave the rest to us. We are actively looking for agencies looking to partner and secure the perpetuation of their life time work. We can help them secure that the years of commitment to their agencies get the reward they deserve and will allow the agent to continue to work in the agency and remain a partner and protector of the customers they have worked so hard for over the years.
We concentrate on maximizing your agencies bottom line by consolidating services that are duplicated in every agency, providing superior service to the agent and customers allowing them to focus on the acquisition of new business knowing that they are our partners in the growth, sales, service and profitability!