Insurance can be confusing to some people. But here are few interesting facts to get you thinking about your insurance program. Insurance can offer the right combination of pricing and coverage on your home, auto, and boat insurance. Mid Sates Insurance Agency can off you the right combination of pricing and coverage, call us today.
- There were over 26,000 arson fires in the U.S. in 2013.
- Hail causes about $1 billion dollars in damage to crops and property each year.
- There were over 2,000,000 home burglaries in 2013.
- One third of consumers believe they do not have enough life insurance.
- 721,000 autos were stolen in 2103.
- Winter storms caused $1.9 billion dollars in insured losses in 2013.
- Did you know that if the price of gold goes up, you may need to increase your insurance on your jewelry?
- There were 31,328 deaths by firearms in the U.S. in 2012.
- Identity theft claims increased over 18% in 2013.
- 21% of fatal auto accidents were caused by driving too fast.
- According to the National Fire Protection Association, in 2012, on average, a fire department responded to a fire every 23 seconds in the United States.
- Most homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage. Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.
- For most people the cost of health insurance will exceed the cost of health care services.
- The average renter paid about $200 for insurance in 2013.
- Under heath care reform, the relatively sick will find it easier and less expensive to obtain insurance. The healthy will pay more as a result.
- There were about 4,600 boating accidents reported in 2013. 462 occurred in Texas.
- Alcohol was the largest human factor in boating deaths in 2013 (17 percent of boating fatalities), causing 140 deaths in 368 accidents and resulting in 313 injuries.
- There were 3,020 distraction-affected fatal crashes in 2013. Turn off your phone!
We hope this has given you a chance to think about your home, auto, boat, motorcycle and business insurance needs. Please call us today and let us help you sleep better at night, knowing you are better protected.