The rain, snow and cold weather has arrived. It is time to shop for new winter clothes, time to consider how to protect your home from the winter conditions that are fast approaching. With temperatures falling and meteorologists predicting a colder than normal winter, the easiest and most cost efficient way to keep your home’s heat inside, while keeping your heating bill respectable, is to add fresh insulation to your attic, ceilings, basement, and walls.
Time For Home Insurance Check Up
Let us provide you with an insurance check-up to make sure you have the best possible coverage. We have many ways to save you money on your homeowner’s insurance. We can also determine if you have the right homeowner's insurance for your individual needs.
The following is a checklist for what homeowners ought to be doing when prepping for the cold season. Stick to it, and you're sure to have a warmer and more relaxed winter experience (scraping and digging out your car notwithstanding).
· Reverse ceiling fan rotation
· Inspect your furnace and replace filters
· Insulate water pipes
· Turn off all outside water and sprinklers
· Clean wood stoves and chimney’s
· Install window insulators
· Store summer tools and prep winter ones
· Get a programmable thermostat
· Make sure you caulk or repair and replace any siding that is failing
· Stock up on emergency supplies
· It's always wise to provide an outside air supply for combustion appliances like gas stoves and furnaces. You may need a professional to check this for you
· Make sure your recreation vehicles get the same care as your home
· Seal cracks in windows, doors, foundations, and ducts
· Replace batteries in smoke detectors
· Clean gutters
· Add insulation where needed
· Check for leaks in gutters, windows and roofs
· Cut shrubs away from your home
Mid States Insurance Agency has two separate and distinctive departments with separate goals:
We are a full service independent insurance agency with the ability to help with all lines of insurance from personal auto, home, umbrella, boat, motorcycle, life and health, to the business owner with complex needs. We represent many of the TOP insurance carriers and are available to listen, learn and guide you though your insurance needs. We will take a comprehensive approach to your insurance that considers the best balance of coverage and cost. We are proud to be licensed in Illinois, Kansas, and Missouri.
We also have a second division that is focused on providing perpetuation solutions as well as back room support to existing agencies. We help an agent do what they do best, sell insurance and leave the rest to us. We are actively looking for agencies looking to partner and secure the perpetuation of their life time work. We can help them secure that the years of commitment to their agencies get the reward they deserve and will allow the agent to continue to work in the agency and remain a partner and protector of the customers they have worked so hard for over the years.
We concentrate on maximizing your agencies bottom line by consolidating services that are duplicated in every agency, providing superior service to the agent and customers allowing them to focus on the acquisition of new business knowing that they are our partners in the growth, sales, service and profitability!